Let’s talk about getting your pet on mushrooms—no, not those mushrooms! Natural fungi, like turkey tail and reishi, offer a wide range of health benefits for your dog from helping with their allergies to boosting their immune system and fighting cancer.
Why do you need mushroom supplements for dogs?
Mushrooms play a big role these days when it comes to holistic healthcare for your dog. With all the common health concerns dogs face, especially as they age, it makes sense to look into ways to help them be their happiest, healthiest selves. Here are some of the most common reasons to start a mushroom supplement regimen for your dog:
- Mushrooms have been used for centuries to help modulate the immune system naturally. Allergies and autoimmune diseases are triggered by a hyperactive immune system. If your pet is dealing with immune issues, mushrooms can be a safe and natural part of your treatment plan.
- Mushrooms have also been used to fight cancer for centuries, and now science bears that out. One study in dogs with hemangiosarcoma showed that dogs using a mushroom extract lived almost twice as long as expected.
- Mushrooms can be used to support normal organ function in older pets, again, naturally.
Benefits of mushrooms for dogs
Mushrooms have tons of great benefits for dogs. Just take a look at a few of the specific ways they can help your pup!
- Mushrooms support the immune system. Many mushrooms contain bioactive compounds (e.g., polysaccharides and beta-glucans) which can help normalize or regulate the immune system.
- Mushrooms fight infection and disease. Some mushrooms, such as chaga and cordyceps, may even ward off health issues including allergies and cancer!
- Mushrooms are natural supplements that have been used in medicine for centuries. They’re chock full of vitamins and minerals such as B vitamins, vitamin D, potassium, copper, and selenium.
We offer several mushroom supplements for dogs—cordyceps, turkey tail, reishi, maitake D-fraction—as well as a high potency seven mushroom blend. Each has its specific benefits, and you will learn more as you explore our website. All are fantastic ways to naturally support your dog’s health!
We use specific mushrooms for specific reasons. As examples, we use turkey tail and maitake-D fraction for cancer, and reishi for liver problems or chronic infections. For broad immune support, there is no better supplement than our 7-mushroom high-potency blend. If you have a question about the best mushroom for your pet, please reach out to me at email@example.com and I’ll be happy to help.
The most common side effects of the natural mushroom extracts that we carry are simply GI upset, usually diarrhea. Usually, it’s just temporary while a pet’s system adapts to its new friends, but you should stop using the supplements if it persists.
Yes! Many mushroom supplements can be taken daily, but it’s very important to note what kind of mushroom supplement it is and what its recommended dosage is. Giving supplements more or less frequently than recommended can not only alter how effective they can be, but it can even be unsafe for your pet!
It takes at least two weeks of consistent usage, which means giving your dog the supplement at the prescribed intervals and dosage. Consistency is key because that’s what gives the beneficial properties of the supplements time to build up in your dog’s system.
The broad spectrum of mushroom extracts in our 7 mushroom blend is designed for broad immune support, generally in pets with severe allergies or immune-based cancer like mast cell tumors. If you’re dealing with a specific health issue, we should determine whether our single mushroom extracts may be more effective in helping your pet.
Of course! Anyone curious to know more can contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can reach out with questions about our supplements, their ingredients, how to understand which supplements are right for your pet, or anything else related to the holistic care of your pup.
Other collections you may be interested in
If you’re interested in more ways our supplements can help your dog live longer, browse our other collections!